FNGLA Certified Horticulture Professional
What is FCHP?
The FNGLA Certified Horticulture Professional (FCHP) program is the industry's only standard for measuring horticulture knowledge on everything from plant and pest identification to landscape management. The certification is designed for those working in the horticulture industry or studying to enter the field.
- Targets nursery, greenhouse, landscape, retail garden center, and state, county and municipal government employees
- Recognized as equivalent to the Florida-FriendlyTM Best Management Practices for the Green Industries (GI-BMP) certificate program. FCHPs can submit their request online for certificate.
- Although recommended, no prior training is required.
- Valid for a three-year period. - Requires 15 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) to maintain this certification.
Not just your standard-issue course textbook, FNGLA’s FCHP manual is an excellent resource and informational tool for troubleshooting and answering questions involving proper plant use, plant problems and landscape management.
- Cost - $95 for FNGLA members, $140 for nonmembers
- Practice tests for the FCHP exam are available for purchase to assist you in measuring your knowledge prior to taking the FCHP exam.
- FNGLA's plant identification site contains flashcards to help you prepare to take your FNGLA certification exam. The site is located at: www.fnglaplantid.com
- Training is available at a variety of locations across the state. For more information, check out FNGLA's event calendar.
The written FCHP exam is available to take online. Prior registration is required. To apply to take this exam, fill out an online registration form.
About the FCHP Exam
Candidates must pass a comprehensive four-part online written exam to demonstrate knowledge about plant identification, disease and insect control, plant biology and landscape management.
Each section must be passed with a minimum 70% in order to earn the FCHP certification. Sections include:
- Plant ID
- Horticulture Practices
- General Horticulture (Open Book)
$85 for FNGLA members and $125 for nonmembers.