What’s going on with FNGLA’s certifications?
February 22, 2021
FNGLA’s landscape and irrigation certifications are off to a great start in 2021! Safety protocols continue in line with COVID-19 while review classes and exams take place this year.
- FNGLA's first-ever FNGLA Certified Landscape Irrigation Service Technician (FCLIST) review and exam took place at the FNGLA office in Orlando in January and February. A big thank you to Steve Blackburn, FCLC, from Lush ‘N’ Green in Merritt Island for conducting the review.
- Jenkins Landscape in Hobe Sound was the next stop on Feb. 3 for the FNGLA Certified Landscape Maintenance Technician (FCLMT) exam with eight applicants from area landscape firms taking the exam.
Over the next two months, look for more certification opportunities:
- On March 22, the certification teams heads to Rockledge Gardens for the first time hosting FNGLA's landscape maintenance and landscape installation (FCLMT/FCLT) exams. FNGLA staff are excited to host the exam after their month-long training course.
- On March 26, staff returns to Ft. Myers to host a bilingual FCLMT exam for 12 applicants at Mainscape. This is the third time in the past year they hosted certification exams for their team.
- On April 8 and April 9, The University of North Florida in Jacksonville will again host landscape maintenance and landscape installation (FCLMT/FCLT) exams.
- Then, it is off to Miami for the FCLIST review on April 15 with the FCLT review on April 16 with the exams for each the next week, April 21 and 22.
FNGLA's certification events are off to a great start with a very busy schedule. Plan to join in on one of the upcoming certification events to prepare for a new FNGLA certification, or earn CEUs to renew your current certification! For more information contact Gary Weitermann at FNGLA.