Irrigation Essentials for Lawn and Landscapeing
October 9, 2018
- 12:30 PM
1921 Kissimmee Valley Ln.
Kissimmee, FL 34744
An Irrigation Workshop for the Professional and the Homeowner
FREE!!! - Refreshments will be served.
8:30 - 9:00 - Registration
9:00 -9:50 am - FAWN data and tools- William Lusher, UF/IFAS Extension
- Participant will learn about Irrigation schedulers, (Urban Irrigation Scheduler, My Virtual Lawn Tool) Apps, (Smart Irrigation Turf app, My Florida Farm Weather app)
9:50 - 10:00 am - Break
10:00 - 10:50 - Operating and Troubleshooting your Irrigation System like a Pro, Speakers - Industry
10:50 - noon - Using Reclaimed Water for Lawn and Landscape Irrigation - Krista Stump, UF/IFAS Extension Natural Resource Agent
- Participants will learn "Why reuse water?"
- What is reclaimed water/how is it treated?
- Florida regulations and water quality standards for reclaimed water.
- >> Nutrients/Incorporating reclaimed water into a fertilizer plan
- >> Constituents of concern for human and ecosystem health
- Other water reuse strategies and FAQs